Knife Rights is dedicated to a Sharper Future™ and is Rewriting Knife Law in America™
Knife Rights was organized in 2006 to ensure a Sharper Future™ for owners of one of mankind’s oldest and most commonly used tools. Elsewhere in the world, many of the knives sold and used daily in the United States are illegal or severely restricted and the restrictions are growing every day. Even in the U.S., efforts to demonize knives and to place more restrictions on knives are becoming more commonplace. Without a dedicated grassroots organization to protect our knives, they are an easy target for those who seek restrictions on our freedoms. Knife Rights is that dedicated grassroots organization.
Knife Rights has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are building that Sharper Future™ as we Rewrite Knife Law in America™. We can count 30 legislative victories in 22 states, plus Congress. We are standing up to the largest city in America in our Federal Civil Rights lawsuit against New York City. Our Knife Owners’ Protection Act including repeal of the archaic 1958 Federal Switchblade Act has been introduced in both houses of Congress.
While our knives are primarily tools, ultimately our right to own and carry these tools is enshrined in the Second Amendment. The fight to protect our knives is the Second Front in Defense of the Second Amendment™. The two pillars upon which Knife Rights stands are “Essential Tools – Essential Rights™.” We cannot retain the former without the latter.
Knife Rights is really two organizations. Knife Rights, Inc. is the 501(c)(4) member advocacy organization which promotes pro-knife legislation and opposes anti-knife legislation. The Knife Rights Foundation, Inc., is the 501(c)(3) charitable and educational organization that also pursues litigation in support of knife owner civil rights.
Knife Rights can only succeed as a grassroots organization if we build our membership, because it is the votes those members represent that politicians listen to. Become a Knife Rights member and help us build a Sharper Future™ for all Americans.
Here are the mission statements of Knife Rights, the 501(c)(4) membership advocacy organization, and the 501(c)(3) Knife Rights Foundation:
Knife Rights is dedicated to:
- Providing knife and edged tool owners an effective voice to influence public policy and to oppose efforts to restrict the right to own, use and carry knives and edged tools;
- Encouraging safe, responsible and lawful use of knives and edged tools through education and outreach, enhancing positive perceptions of knives and edged tools and their owners and users;
- Encouraging the marketing of knives and edged tools in a responsible manner conducive to the organization’s goals;
- Cooperating with advocacy organizations having complementary interests and goals;
- Providing knife and edged tool owners with services that they will find valuable in order to build membership to enable success in our primary objectives.
Knife Rights Foundation is dedicated to:
- Encouraging safe and responsible use of knives and edged tools through education and outreach;
- Educating knife owners, public officials and the general public about the history of knives and edged tools;
- Educating knife owners, public officials and the general public about knife and edged tool related laws and regulations
- Defense of knife owners’ civil rights through litigation